So many people argue about calories in versus calories out, yet there are more important considerations here. Hormones, for instance, are the strongest substances in your body.
After all, hormones don\’t really follow the whole calorie constraint model. In fact, one study showed that men sitting on a couch could gain muscle and burn fat when given testosterone.
Thus, here is how to make sure your hormones don\’t prevent you from losing weight:
1. Keep your cardiovascular system healthy: Surprisingly, an unhealthy cardiovascular system can have a negative impact on your entire hormonal system. This mainly happens when your blood pressure is too high. So make sure you exercise hard, take some aspirin and get on medication if you doctor thinks this is right.
2. Avoid HRT: You should avoid hormone replacement therapy unless your doctor thinks it\’s necessary. You see, if you take hormones above and beyond what your body naturally produces, it will backfire. Your system will crash in addition to a whole range of other negative effects in your body.
3. Get insulin to help you: Insulin is the gatekeeper of food partitioning. If you have poor insulin sensitivity, more food goes to fat cells. If you have good insulin sensitivity, more food goes to muscle cells. And here are some supplements that can help increase your insulin sensitivity: green tea, cinnamon and chromium.
4. Lift weights at least 2 times per week: At this level, you will prevent your body from decreasing hormone production when losing fat. And keep in mind that you won\’t necessarily end up looking like a bodybuilder. You see, gaining muscle is a long and slow process.
5. Go to your doctor for a test: Your body may be producing low levels of hormones for reasons out of your control. And going to your doctor is a great way to make sure this isn\’t happening to you. After all, the last thing you want is to not be able to lose fat because of some fixable hormonal imbalance.
Successful weight loss entails getting control over your hormones. If you don\’t take care of your hormone production, you will not be able to lose weight as fast as possible. So make sure you take action here now, don\’t delay!
Writer Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and former flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to get toned arms. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with shake weight reviews now!